Web Hosting is a recognized world leader in website hosting and e-business
solutions. We specialize in helping small to medium companies with
their web needs in over 70 countries around the globe.
Are you looking to advance your current career or start a new one?
Zero Web Hosting is currently seeking career oriented, self-motivated,
team leaders to join our head office located in Toronto, Canada.
We are always looking for talented people to add to our staff.
Please submit your application via e-mail to
Zero Web Hosting currently has openings for the following positions:
Responsible for designing/re-designing and creating graphics for high-end web sites. Excellent communication skills
and a positive attitude are mandatory. Must be capable of working within a dynamic, fast-paced team. Must be
conscientious, motivated and a self starter.
- Experience with user interface design, site navigation and architecture.
- HTML, CSS, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash.
- Excellent team player with a flexible, collaborative approach.
- Experience in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Good communication skills; able to explain web design proposals and decisions to stakeholders and project requestors.
- Ability to take ideas from inception to design to production.
- Able to work with web programmers to make sure design is carried through correctly.
- Ability to produce high quality artwork in short timeframes.
- Great communication skills with clients (if necessary) during proofing stage.
- Ability to take a client's abstract description and create a design concept that captures the desired value proposition.
- Creates website examples/mock-ups within short deadlines to present to clients.
- Implements websites that have already been designed or approved.
- May also design marketing material such as, catalogs, brochures, literature, flyers, etc.
- Other duties as required.
- B.A or Fine Arts degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2-3 years experience as a web designer.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
Ideal candidates have at least two years of professional development experience using PHP/MySQL.
- Develop cutting-edge, commercial-grade Internet applications.
- Enhance existing applications with new features and functionality
- Participate in development strategy sessions.
- Work directly with the design and marketing team to develop applications for third parties.
- 2+ years professional experience in developing complex PHP, MySQL, HTML apps.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of motivation.
- Professional demeanor with strong work ethic.
- Highly responsible and dependable.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
Special consideration will be given to individuals with a proven track record in the following areas:
- Object Oriented PHP.
- Smarty Template Engine.
- Unix (FreeBSD) systems/network administration.
- Familiarity with Unix machines and related support software (Apache, Sendmail, BIND, ProFTPd) is a big plus.
- Fluent in administrative programming languages (Perl, bash/sh, tcl/tk).
- Understanding of Internet fundamentals (DNS, Email, Web servers).
- Capable of helping produce and maintain technical documentation about configuration, functionality, and setup of programming tasks.
- Action Scripting
- Information architecture design.
- Project management experience.
- Presentation experience.
- Product life cycle development, change control experience.
- Understanding of source code control systems (CVS) and how to use them.
- Technical Support.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Perform administration of Unix/Linux based machines in a large multi-domain, multi-data center environment.
- Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes; for example, can boot/shutdown a machine, add and remove user accounts, use backup programs and verify disk integrity, maintain system database files (groups, hosts, aliases).
- Unix Administrators should have a fundamental understanding of a UNIX-based operating system; for example, understands job control, soft and hard links, distinctions between the kernel and the shell.
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts; for example, can use the route command, add a workstation to a network, and mount remote filesystems.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, a shell, vbscript, etc.).
- Review error and audit logs.
- Perform system restores and form backups as necessary.
- Has a solid understanding of Intel-based server hardware, including RAID configuration.
- Work with vendors, I.T. staff, network engineers, and end users to troubleshoot problems with server applications.
- Assist in policing our usage policies (spam, porn, warez, eggdrop bots, etc etc etc) and work with customers and internal organizations to find a resolution to the issues.
- Works under the general supervision of a system administrator shift manager.
- Monitor system performance.
- Troubleshoot and analyze cause of performance problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on servers.
- Perform migrations of customer data as needed to maintain balanced loads on systems.
- Must have 2-3 years of Unix systems engineering/administration experience.
- Must have Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with project management, product development, change control, and/or technical support is beneficial.
- Great interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience with Linux, Unix, FreedBSD, perl, C/C++, Apache, sendmail, Qmail, DNS, TCP/IP, SQL, and Red Hat experience is a must.
Candidate must have design skills and show the ability to design in Flash as well as web design.
- Working with a design team to develop Flash applications.
- Developing Flash animations, GUI components, and client and server side ActionScript.
- Interfacing with graphic designers, information architects, and software engineers to create these components.
- Interface with the team to define, specify, and design features.
- Develop and present mockups and prototypes while working against an aggressive schedule.
- 2+ years strong Flash experience.
- 1+ year solid ActionScript experience.
- 2+ years graphic design experience.
- Ability to develop consistent Flash objects that adhere to published standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong Skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
**Must show a portfolio of work.